June 13, 2016
You may not know Kris, but you definitely know his work. He has been a storyboard artist for animated movies and TV shows for 20 years. Recently, he captured a lot of attention in the animation business as the Head of Story for Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and as a story artist for Open Season. Kris sat down with us recently to talk about his obsessions and what makes a great animated film work.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How he got his start in animation and story design.
- The background behind Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, a 5-year project that became a Hollywood blockbuster.
- His current obsessions and dream projects.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Kris' IMDB
- Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
- Open Season
- Sheridan College
- Fox Animations
- Sony Pictures Animation
- Book - Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
- Imagninism Studios Inc.
Our theme music is a track from Kazi Jo called, "Matchbox Girl."