June 27, 2016
Founder of Design Observer, Principal at Pentagram
If you've paid attention to the world of design and advertising over the past 20 years, you have certainly seen Michael's work. You have undoubtedly read articles from him. You may have even watched a documentary that he was interviewed on. On this special episode of Obsessed With Design, Josh sits down with Michael to learn more about his life, his career, and his inspiration.
You can follow him on Twitter here.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How he got his start in the world of design.
- The founding of Pentagram, and what the world of Pentagram is like today.
- His favorite projects and stories from the last 30 years.
Mentioned in This Episode
- University of Cincinnati Graphic Design Program
- Design Observer
- Massimo Vignelli
- Bob Gill
- The worst logo designs in the world
Our theme music is a track from Kazi Jo called, "Matchbox Girl."