July 18, 2016
Principal of Carpenter Collective
Tad Carpenter is a designer, illustrator, and teacher based in Kansas City. Tad was lucky enough to grow up the son of two artists smack dab in the middle of the midwest. His father is an illustrator and has been a creative director for Hallmark Cards for nearly 40 years.
You merely adopted design. Tad was born in it, molded by it.
You can follow him on Twitter here.
In this episode, we discuss:
- His upbringings in the design world.
- How his father influenced him early on.
- How Hallmark influences the design community in Kansas City.
Mentioned in This Episode
- Carpenter Collective
- Al Jaffee
- Paul Coker
- Boulevard Brewing Company
- Song Exploder - Weezer Episode
- Made in the Middle
- Made in the Middle Conference
Our theme music is a track from Kazi Jo called, "Matchbox Girl."